Middle School Conference
We are excited to introduce a middle school conference to Chattanooga this spring! On Friday March 24th we are hosting a one day conference that is highly focused on the introduction of Model United Nations to new students. It will be conducted in a teaching style that has a gradual build of information and skills. The experienced middle school MUN delegate is welcome to attend with the mindset and purpose of helping others learn.
02/10 – School and Delegate Registration Opens
02/22 – Country Selection at 6 pm EST [first come first serve]
03/16 – Deadline for Delegate Registration
03/22 – Deadline for Document Upload
03/24 – Conference
One day Conference ~8:45 am to 5:45 pm EST
at Chattanooga State Community College
Delegate Fee – $25 per student
Simple registration through MUN Manager
No resolution writing ahead of the conference
Delegate Guide available now!
Each committee will have only one topic. The prep work is limited to two documents, a Position Paper (PP) and a new document we are calling a List of Possible Solutions (LoPS). We will release delegate resources for these two documents in the form of explanatory videos and written guides after country selection.
- Yes, partners are allowed. However, with our teaching format we highly encourage single delegates. At this conference there is no advantage to partners in committee, it might even reduce the overall time each student gets to speak.
- Yes, we plan to provide boxed lunches, with vegetarian and nut-free options. This is part of the $25 delegate fee.
- Payable via check to Chattanooga State Community College, Memo: Model UN. Just bring them in person to the conference.
- Yes students are certainly welcome to bring laptops/tablets etc. However I would recommend that your students bring a printed version of their Position Papers and List of Possible Solutions (LoPS) with them to the conference to reference during committee.
- One Position Paper(PP) and one List of Possible Solutions (LoPS) are due for each student on March 22nd by the end of the day. They should be uploaded to MUN Manager following the instructions here Document Upload Guide